Senator Patrick Colbeck
Jason Jones | email
Republican Senator, Michigan | Aerospace Engineer | Small Business Owner | Author
- Two-term Michigan State Senator
- Assistant Senate Republican Caucus Chair
- Chairman of Appropriations Subcommittees for Department of Military and Veterans Affairs and State Police
- Served on following Senate Committees: Appropriations, Appropriations Subcommittees (Transportation, General Government, and Retirement Benefits), Education Policy, Reform/Restructure/Reinvent, Judiciary, Elections and Government Reform, Veterans,/Military Affairs/Homeland Security
- 2018 Republican Gubernatorial Candidate. Endorsed by U.S. Senator Ted Cruz, LtGen Jerry Boykin, Bob Lutz, Sean Hannity (Later rescinded in response to slanderous BuzzFeed story), Apostle Ellis Smith, Kamal Saleem, Trevor Loudon, Catherine Engelbrecht, Bob Dutko, David Barton, Astronaut Jack Lousma, and many more. Finished 3rd in Republican Primary with 13% of vote despite being outspent 10:1.
- 2016 State Chair for Ted Cruz for President Campaign. Finished 2nd despite only spending $1,115 in Michigan.
- 2016 Michigan Delegate to Republican National Convention
- Small Business Owner
- Bachelors and Masters of Science in Aerospace Engineering Degrees from University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Senior Design Engineer for Boeing responsible for elements of the Environmental Control and Life Support System and Airlock Module for International Space Station.
- Instructor at U.S. Space and Rocket Center Space Camp in Huntsville, AL.
- Senior Systems Engineer under contract for Department of Defense virtual reality training system for all branches of Armed Forces
- Member of Northridge Church in Plymouth, MI
An Outsider’s Guide to Draining the Swamp
Would you like to know how government really works behind the scenes or what makes a tea partier tick or even how the blue collar bastion Michigan became the 24th Right to Work state in the nation? Wrestling Gators walks readers through the steps taken from a disengaged citizen focused on family and career to an engaged citizen willing to run for political office.
Wrestling Gators walks readers through the steps taken by the Senator from a disengaged engineer and small business owner focused on family and career to an engaged citizen willing to put his life, fortune, and sacred honor on the line by running for office. The book includes a behind the scenes look into the life of a legislator leading on some of the most contentious policy issues of our day such as health care reform, right to work, and the role of faith in the public square.
Along the way, readers will gain unique insights into how government really works. Included in the book are process descriptions for “How to get elected”, “How the Senate Majority Leader and Speaker of the House are selected”, “How legislation is passed”, and “How budgets are passed” plus how each of these processes are intertwined with one another. The purpose of this section is to equip grassroots members with the information that they need to compete for the attention of their elected representatives with lobbyists who already know how the system works.
In order to further equip citizen activists and elected officials, the book includes a suite of pragmatic policy solutions that prioritize the best interests of citizens over the interests of entrenched special interests. These solutions address problems common to many state governments such as health care, jobs, roads, education, energy, criminal justice reform, election integrity, and government efficiency.
The book wraps up with a call to action featuring practical steps needed to help ensure that our government serves the best interests of the citizens and not the other way around.
Share this Page
Get in touch with us using the form below. We look forward to hearing from you![contact-form-7 id=”104″ title=”Web Contact Form”]