S. Todd Townsend
Jason Jones | email
Educator | Speaker | Ministry Consultant | Musician
- 35 years of ministry experience
- Doctor of Education (Educational Leadership) –
- Doctorate of Philosophy (Couple and Family
Therapy) – Drexel University
- Three Masters Degrees (Biblical Studies, Urban
Ministry, Missional Theology)
- Has spoken at universities, conferences across U.S.
- Has led his congregation in the planting of multiple
churches and church campuses.
- 10+ years of experience as an individual, couples
and family therapist
- Experience as a radio and television host
Getting Up From Being Down
Ever been down in life? Really down? S. Todd Townsend knows down. Raised in inner-city Philadelphia, in a home with a loving mother and an abusive stepfather, he experienced the hard life, the cons and the law of the streets as a law-breaking, drug-dealing rabble-rouser, stealing cars and breaking into people’s homes. He was nothing more than a common thug.
But when he heard the Gospel, heard that Christ’s death and resurrection was for him, he surrendered control of his life to God, who transformed him. Nothing has been the same since. Now a pastor, an educator and a musician, Todd uses the story of his life to illustrate the necessity of getting back up and staying up, of holding on to the thread of hope, even in the dark chapters of life.
Share this Page
Get in touch with us using the form below. We look forward to hearing from you![contact-form-7 id=”104″ title=”Web Contact Form”]