Author, ‘Broken Beauty: Piecing Together Lives Shattered by Early-Onset Alzheimer’s’
- University of Texas at Austin grad (speech communications)
- Navigating Alzheimer’s with her mother, ‘Beauty’, who is currently suffering from the disease
- Serves in multiple assisted living and memory care facilities
- Actively involved with organizations such as Council for Life, the Alzheimer’s Association, the Women’s Alzheimer’s Movement and Community Bible Study.
- Has served on various boards and committees, including the Greer Garson Gala, the Presbyterian Hospital Healthcare Foundation, East-West Ministries, AWARE Dallas and the Providence Christian School of Texas
Broken Beauty: Piecing Together Lives Shattered by Early-Onset Alzheimer’s
Broken Beauty is the story of Sarah Smith’s mother—known as “Beauty” to her family—and her family’s journey through the devastating world of Early-onset Alzheimer’s. Smith was a young mother in her thirties when her own mother’s illness struck, so the family’s shock and pain at the disease’s manifestations is nearly unbearable. Not only is Beauty still young and fit; she is also Sarah’s best friend. This powerful and personal story about a daughter facing the unthinkable and the love she found to carry her through will touch the hearts of everyone who reads it.
Share this Page
Get in touch with us using the form below. We look forward to hearing from you!