Author, Speaker | Provost, Prof. of Theology & Culture, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary | Research Fellow, Ethics & Religious Liberties Commission
- Widely available, flexible. Studio in home.
- Comfortable, authoritative, versatile, conversational on camera and behind microphone
- Voluminous knowledge of theology, political theory
- Reasoned and well-researched positions on hot-button cultural issues
- Call for Christian activism, influence in politics/cultural discourse (and the opposition to it) are at a fever pitch and likely only to increase
Letters to an American Christian
In Letters to an American Christian, Bruce Riley Ashford, author of One Nation Under God, addresses overarching issues of the relationship of Christianity and politics, speaks to the way historic Christian belief informs specific hot-button political issues, and challenges readers to take seriously both our heavenly and earthly citizenships. Written as a series of letters to “Christian”—a young college student who is a new believer — Letters to an American Christian will help every reader think carefully about how Christianity informs what it means to be an American.
In the midst of a rapidly changing national and political landscape, Letters to an American Christian reminds us of two important truths: we cannot afford to shrink away from our earthly citizenship, and we cannot afford to lose sight of our heavenly citizenship.
Other books by this author
One Nation Under God (B&H, 2015)
Every Square Inch (Lexham Press, 2015)
The Lordship of Christ
Share this Page
Get in touch with us using the form below. We look forward to hearing from you!